fuzzy logic is the best logic

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Rudie can't fail

As I had mentioned in an old post, the Delhi public - in general - is ultra rude. Having lived in this city for almost a month, I have more or less grown used to the boorish behavior.

Last Sunday, I decided to buy some hankies, as most of my old ones have a deep brown shade thesedays. Heres the (short) conservation I had with the a rudie :

Yours truly (YT): Boss, hankies milenge kya?

(Rudie looks dazed)

YT: Arre boss, handkerchiefs?

Rudie (R): Oh haan, saabji (then extolls the virtues of the hankies)

YT: Kitne ka hai?

R: Sirji, bees rupaiya.

At this point I decided to make a wisecrack.

YT: Arre boss, ek dozen nahin chahiye bas ek chahiye.

My chest swelled with (shortlived) glee - this was one of those rare occasions wherein I made a quick repartee.

R: Bhai, aajkal Times of India poora color main aata hai. Kaat ke pasina poch lena.

I had no answer to that.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

Hahahaha! Pore ol' bozo left tongue tied!